[na-user] NA/RITTY lockup

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] NA/RITTY lockup
From: Eric Pearson <epearson@ezylink.com> (Eric Pearson)
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:35:24 -0700
I used NA 10.47 with RITTY 4.0 for the first time in the NAQP RTTY
contest and had a couple problems.

Many times it locked up in transmit when I pressed a message function
key. (usually when trying to send the exchange to a new mult!)
The contents of the function key would display on screen except the first
character was replaced with a random high-ascii character and nothing was
sent except a diddle tone.  Control-Alt-Delete seemed to be the only way
out.  My computer is a 486-33 running DOS 6.22.  I was able to reproduce
the problem after the contest (but less frequently) without transmitting
so I don't think it's RF in the computer.   Any ideas?

The other problem I had was that the Escape key and Ctrl-R to end a
transmission would not work if the rig was in LSB mode.

I ran the line-out from the sound card to the Patch-in of my FT1000D and
used VOX to key the rig.  This required me to be in LSB mode.  With the
rig's computer interface connected NA read the mode as LSB.  The function
keys would transmit ok but the Escape key would not cancel the
transmission.  If I disabled the rig interface then NA displayed the
mode as FSK and the Escape key worked normally.  I operated that way so
I could cancel my mistakes but I missed having the band map.

73,
Eric - K6EP

WWW:                      http://datom.contesting.com/