[na-user] (W)rite crashes PC

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] (W)rite crashes PC
From: Dan Zeitlin <k2ywe@yahoo.com> (Dan Zeitlin)
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 10:06:10 -0700 (PDT)
Dave,
You caught me!  The hard drive was running out of
space.  I suppose the program writes some intermediate
results to the fixed disk even though the files end up
on the floppy.  What baffeled me was that the second
machine seemingly acted the same way.  Anyway all is
well.  Thanks for your prompt response.
Dan Z
--- k8cc <k8cc@mediaone.net> wrote:

> At 08:48 AM 8/6/00 -0700, Dan Zeitlin wrote:
>
> >I used 10.49 for the NAQP CW this weekend.  It
> worked
> >well, but when I went to (W)rite the log upon
> exiting,
> >the PC crashed with "Error 61 in NA1049 at
> 0C20:471D."
> >SAVELOG works fine.  FWIW, the error occurs at QSO
> 161
> >out of 416.
> >I have since tried on two different machines,
> 486/33
> >and PII-300, with the same result, except that the
> >action in the Pentium is too fast to read what's
> going
> >on.
>
> The error message is generated by some error handler
> in NA placed there by
> the Microsoft compiler.  I wish I could figure out
> how to decode the
> address it shows.
>
> Error 61 means "Disk Full".  I presume your disk is
> not full?
>
> Are you running under Windows?
>

> Dave Pruett, K8CC
> DATOM Engineering