[na-user] Serial Port Problems

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Serial Port Problems
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com (Jimk8mr@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 00:10:58 EDT
I have been trying to set up a 486DX2 contest logging computer with NA.  I
have been unable to get the serial ports to talk to the TNC or to the IC-746,
which I was able to do with the old 386 I have been using.

Using Procomm I can talk to the TNC both ways, and the radio sends
non-English characters when I turn the tuning dial.

>From the NA packet Alt-T talk line, I can send, for example a "SH/DX" while I
monitor on a paralleled  (on the data in only) dumb terminal.  The SH/DX
enters normally onthe Alt-T line, but when I hit enter there nothing happens
on the terminal.  Another enter on the NA keyboard outputs an "S" to the
packet/terminal. another enter outputs and "H", another an "/" and so on,
until the SH/DX is seen at the TNC/terminal, at which time another enter from
NA sends the command to the Packetcluster, generating a normal response from
the Cluster as viewed on the dumb terminal.  Nothing is seen coming back into
the NA computer.

I am running DOS 6.22, I have the CTS/RTS lines tied together, and  I have to
the best of my knowledge set up NA on the 486 in the same manner as the old
working 386.

Any ideas?

Thanks & 73   -   Jim   K8MR

WWW:                      http://datom.contesting.com/