[na-user] Band Map

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Band Map
From: dap14@daimlerchrysler.com (dap14@daimlerchrysler.com)
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 13:00:23 -0400

The band map can be displayed in two different modes.  One mode the band
map is centered on your frequency, and in the other mode it starts at the
bottom of the band and shows stations by ascending frequency.  When the
band map is not in the mode where it is centered on your frequency, you
*CAN* grab spots from the band map, just like the Announcement List.

I think most people use the band map centered on their frequency, but this
is not always the best mode, depending on what you're doing.  It probably
*IS* when you are S&Ping the band, but if you're sitting on a frequency
running (where you're most likely to want to grab a spot quickly), when the
band map is full you only see the stations around your QRG.  The "fixed"
mode is often better for this, particularly if your CQing freq is high in
the band.

The "centered on your frequency" mode was difficult to code.  Adding a
movable bar on top of it makes it worse.  It's not impossible, but there
are more important fish to fry.

Dave Pruett, K8CC
DATOM Engineering

Tom Homewood <w1to@attglobal.net>@contesting.com on 10/05/2000 10:49:16 AM