[na-user] Dupe checking

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Dupe checking
From: k8cc <k8cc@mediaone.net> (k8cc)
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 22:32:52 -0400
At 04:56 PM 10/5/00 -0400, Kenneth Wilson wrote:
>Setting up Ver. 10.49 for the CA qp.  Under options I have checked QTH
>must match for dupe . I always do that for state QP's.  Dupe checking
>works fine when the QTH has 4 letters in it but not when its 2 or 3.

I don't see the problem here.  If I start a CQP log, and log K6LA/001/LAX
on 160M, then log K6LA/002/LAX on 160M and it correctly shows up as a dupe.

Perhaps you are referring to when you enter a call and press the spacebar
or F9?  With "QTH Must Match For Dupe", under these conditions the
dupechecking will not flag a dupe because you've not entered a QTH (in CQP,
a county) yet.  Its only when you log a QSO where the QTH is included that
a dupe can be determined with "QTH Must Match For Dupe" turned on.

Dave Pruett, K8CC
DATOM Engineering
datom@contesting.com
http://datom.contesting.com