[na-user] CQP (?) Dupe Checking Glitch

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] CQP (?) Dupe Checking Glitch
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com (Jimk8mr@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 22:53:13 EDT
Running the CQP this weekend, I found that the dupe checking worked sometimes
and not at others.

I did start the contest with "QTH must match for dupe" not enabled, and
switched it on somewhere fairly early on.  I don't recall seeing the problem
before it was enabled, but there was no correlation I could detect between
dupes where the original qsos made before or after it was enabled.

The problem was that entering a call and hitting a space would not alert that
is was a dupe, although the check station window did show the previous qso.
If the non-alerted dupe was entered, it would be recorded as a dupe.  Perhaps
half of the (dupe) qsos would be properly alerted, and half not.

Comments?

Jim  K8MR

WWW:                      http://datom.contesting.com/