[na-user] NA under dosemu

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] NA under dosemu
From: Darrel J. Van Buer" <darrel@vanbuer.net (Darrel J. Van Buer)
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 07:03:03 -0800
Ben Coleman wrote:

> Speaking of Linux and NA, is anyone besides me using NA under dosemu
> under Linux?  I haven't yet gotten around to controlling anything via
> the serial or parallel ports, but so far NA seems to work fine.
>
> Ben
> --
> Ben Coleman oloryn@mindspring.com    | The attempt to legislatively
> http://oloryn.home.mindspring.com/   | micromanage equality results, at
> Amateur Radio NJ8J                   | best, in equal misery for all.
>
> --
> Submissions:              na-user@contesting.com
> Administrative requests:  na-user-REQUEST@contesting.com
> WWW:                     http://datom.contesting.com/
> Questions:                owner-na-user@contesting.com

I don't recall if I've run NA under dosemu, but I have regularly run
DXBase for DOS under Dosemu.  I have had variable success with serial port
access.  The TNC connection has always worked, but the Icom radio
connection worked with one version of dosemu but not with version 0.99
that I'm running now.
In dosemu.conf:
$_com1 = "/dev/ttyS0"           # e.g. "/dev/mouse" or "/dev/cua0"
$_com2 = "/dev/ttyS1"

Permissions on the /dev/ttyS? entries may need to be adjusted (or in
dosemu.users give yourself c_all).
If you have and use more than 2 com ports, you need to run serserial
between bootup and dosemu to set the address and interrupts, e.g. in  my
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit, a line calls rc.serial.  That file contains:

#
# /etc/rc.d/rc.serial
/bin/setserial /dev/ttyS2 irq 10 session_lockout
# /bin/setserial /dev/ttyS3 port 0x2f0 irq none

--
Darrel J. Van Buer, AK6I
darrel@vanbuer.net

WWW:                      http://datom.contesting.com/