[na-user] QDF time adjustment and NAU

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] QDF time adjustment and NAU
From: Charles W. Shaw" <n5ul@wtaccess.com (Charles W. Shaw)
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 18:09:41 +0000
Hi to Dave and All,

        Hope everyone had a good contest yesterday! Tnx for the QSO's.

        I made an error in setting the computer time which required advancing
the
QDF logged times.  Went to NAU [F2], set the hour ahead with +1, pressed
F1, screen showed writing my new QDF.  Looked at log, and nothing had
changed!  Went to NAU.HLP and read instructions.  It says to press _F10_!
Went back to NAU and did it again using F10 with same result as before!

        Got to thinking that computers are always using + numbers anyway.  Did
the
NAU routine again WITHOUT the + in front of the 1; pressed F1 like it says.
 FB! -- Now it is fixed!

        So I guess the moral is:  Don't always take the instructions as the
final
word; and use black ink (+) only if absolutely required--or unless red ink
(-) is needed.

73,
Charles - N5UL
Hobbs, NM