[na-user] Multiple Contests

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Multiple Contests
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com (Jimk8mr@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 13:16:02 EDT

A NA question:

The Michigan and Ontario QSO parties are both coming up April 21-22. For
someone like me who will be running the MiQP can  a .ALI file be set up for
Ontario counties, so that an Ontario county abbreviation could be entered as
sent but be counted as Ontario for MiQP scoring?  (Note: all
questions/comments apply in the reverse for VE3s)
.
Would the "qth must match for dupe" function count any Ontario alias as
Ontario, and not give additonal MiQP point credit for qsos with an Ontario
station that changes Ontario county?

Is there, or might there be a way, to split out qsos (based on QTH info)
after the contest into separate logs, e.g. one for entering the MiQP and one
for the OntarioQP?

I think these questions have general application to concurrent contests.  I
assume that QTH abbreviations would have to be unique among the various
contests, and that exchanged information would have to be somewhat similar
(e.g. NR-RST-QTH, maybe with a dummy NR or RST entered where one contest did
not require it).

I'm not expecting anyone to find a way to concurrently log the September
Sprint, September VHF, and WAE phone contests!

73  -  Jim   K8MR

WWW:                      http://datom.contesting.com/