[NA-User] Icom 706MKIIG setup question

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] Icom 706MKIIG setup question
From: k8cc@mediaone.net (k8cc)
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 20:22:55 -0400
At 03:36 PM 8/22/01 -0400, Dan Kovatch wrote:
>Getting the radios setup for OQP and have one small problem. When I set
>the NA config to XCVR2 to the second 706MKII (I assume this is the G
>version) the radio does not read freq . But if I use the first 706 MKII it
>seems to work fine. Do I need to change and address in in my 706 or am I
>missing something else???

Dan,

Yes, the second Mk2 entry is for a Mk2G - the window showing the label
erroneously cuts it off.

Here are the hexidecimal ICOM CI-V IDs which NA expects for the three
IC-706 radio types:

IC-706          48h
IC-706Mk2       4Eh
IC-706Mk2G      58h

Double check what your radio is set for and see if this matches.  I have a
Mk2G which has been used with computer control so I know it works, but I
can't recall the CI-V ID I used.  The radio is not on a power supply now,
but I'll hook it up if you cannot figure out what's going on.

73,

Dave/K8CC