[NA-User] Icom 746, again

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] Icom 746, again
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com (Jimk8mr@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 09:02:26 EST
Randy,

There was a problem a few versions ago where the radio configuration list
would not register the IC-746 choice.  It had something to do with being the
last radio on the list.  You could select the IC-746, it would seemingly take
it, but if you exited and reentered config.exe, there would be no choice
selected.

This was supposedly fixed a version or two ago.

I could work around this by setting the IC-746 address (in the radio) to that
of another ICOM radio such as an IC-765, and then picking that radio from the
list in config.exe.

I am now using an interface that I believe is similar to the W1GEE one - it
was written up on eham.net about a year ago.  It takes all power from the
computer CTS and/or DTR lines.  Works FB.

Good luck!

Jim  K8MR