[NA-User] IC-746 Works!

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] IC-746 Works!
From: w8fn@attglobal.net (Randy Farmer)
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 20:34:51 -0600
Thanks to all who replied regarding my recent query about the Icom IC-746.
I had tried all kinds of things and couldn't seem to get it to work. I
messed with it again last night and finally succeeded. I'm not quite sure
what fixed the problem, but maybe there was something I missed the first
time out. I set NA and the radio up for 9600 baud and it worked just fine.
I do seem to get quite a few spurious "Radio is out of contest band"
indications, so maybe 9600 is a bit fast. I may try changing the radio baud
rate to 4800 and trying it again. After a careful reading of the NA manual
I was even able to get the FT-1000D working at the same time and switch
between the two using Ctrl-R; just what I expected. It's not obvious from
the EQUIPMENT screen that you MUST select a control port in the config file
before the radio switching will work, but the manual states it explicitly.

The reflector is a great resource for getting the most out of a great
program. Thanks Dave and all the NAers!

73...
Randy W8FN