[NA-User] TO4T

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] TO4T
From: dap14@daimlerchrysler.com (dap14@daimlerchrysler.com)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 09:40:58 -0500
Jim,

Sounds like a good approach to me.  However, with NA you only have two
choices - all bands, or your band only.  With these choices, "your band
only" should not attempt to descriminate between phone and CW on 40M, and
probably 160M as well.

I think the function is broke in NA - we should make it work as you
describe.

Dave

                    Jim Reisert AD1C

                    <jjreisert@alum.mi       To:     <NA-USER@contesting.com>

                    t.edu>                   cc:

                    Sent by:                 Subject:     Re: [NA-User] TO4T

                    na-user-admin@cont

                    esting.com

                    03/05/2002 04:03

                    AM

At 12:31 AM 3/5/2002 -0500, k8cc wrote:

>We saw this same problem at K8CC and had to use the same workaround.  The
>problem comes because people don't want to see CW spots during an SSB
>contest and vica versa, and how do you tell on 160 or 40 whether a spot is

>CW or phone simply by the frequency data?  On all the other bands it can
>be done. (OK, maybe 80 is a little funny.)  I thought we had this one
>fixed but I guess not.  We'll have to take a look at this.

We did not filter 40 meters at all at KC1XX.  I think I saw 5 CW spots the
whole weekend, and hundreds of SSB spots.  For me it was a non-issue.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com