[NA-User] CW Only in FQP

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] CW Only in FQP
From: japancorporateresearch@compuserve.com (Hal Offutt)
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 12:01:24 -0400
Hello,

During the FQP, I set up NA in mixed mode so that I could give out some SSB
contacts even though my intention was to enter in the CW only category.  I
figured that I could just go in later and change the category to CW only
and I expected NA to make the necessary adjustments and mark the SSB
contacts as zero points.  But that's not what happened.  I changed the
category to CW only but NA added all of the QSOs together and the score is
not what it should be.  The SSB contacts are still shown in the log with 2
points each, while the CW contacts have 4 points each.  Is there any way to
fix this, or should I change it back (I have a backup file if needed) and
hope that the contest sponsors will rely on the summary sheet to see what
category I want to be in?

In the future, should I handle this situation in a different way?

Thanks & 73,

Hal W1NN