[NA-User] Re:NA and network cards

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] Re:NA and network cards
From: okh.npi@gte.net (Rich Dailey, KA8OKH)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 16:28:19 +0100
>There is no similar ethernet network support in NA that is in CT.
>The only
>way to connect computers together is to use com ports either direct or in
>loop configuration.

To be correct, there is no ethernet support in CT - rather K1TTT wrote
software (nettsr) that replaces the comtsr driver that CT requires.  It simply
packages the com port data in a UDP frame so the ethernet board can handle it.
No handshaking,  or other fancy tcp/ip services, and no guarantee that it will
work.
I got it to work on and off here at ka8okh a few years ago,  but abandoned it
for
NA serial networking.  I wasn't comfortable with CT/nettsr's reliability.

Rich

---
Rich Dailey, KA8OKH - Phyllis Dailey, KB4NPI
<http://home1.gte.net/web22jfw>
Kentucky QSO Party template files for NA -
<http://home1.gte.net/web22jfw/kyqso.htm>
---