Re: [NA-User] Interface problem

To: "Bob, N5RP" <n5rp@pdq.net>
Subject: Re: [NA-User] Interface problem
From: "Jim White, K4OJ" <k4oj@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:59:01 -0500
I noted a similar thing just before SS... no biggee...

when you first turn on the rig and computer instead of everything aligning on the same band (and panic starts setting in) I tried some band switching and things got "on the same page" (or band)

It almost seemed like the rig and the computer were waiting for the other to take the first step so they could learn who would lead and would follow... once they started talking they were fine all weekend long...

It was almost as though the ice had to be broken on a first date...

73 - see everyone in the 10 meter contest...

Jim, K4OJ

Bob, N5RP wrote:

Now then, my answer may seem strange,
but since you can sync by pressing the ALT/F1 or ALT/F2 a couple of times,
it would seem that you do not have a problem.

here, on this end, upon start-up, even with all radio station components booted from cold, I do the ALT/F1 and ALT/F2, as well - not to sync perhaps, but to check and insure proper interface relationships.

So you and I perform the same function activities, and achieve the same results.

You see a problem, I do not see a problem.

I hope I was properly polite in the tone of my reply.

73,
Bob - N5RP