Re: [NA-User] LPT for CW and external voice keyer

To: shdickson@allvantage.com, na-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [NA-User] LPT for CW and external voice keyer
From: JBaumgarte@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 20:04:55 EST
Scott,

You didn't mention whether you had ever had it working or not!  I find that
to avoid many potential (and real) problems, I always run things in a pure dos
environment.  Also, many times I have been setting things up, checking and
rechecking settings, and still something like the XT card wouldn't work.
Re-boot
the computer and you'd be amazed at how often the problem goes away.  Other
than that, check, re-check, and re-check again making sure the config settings
and the specific contest log settings are the same.  Usually, this is the
problem.  If the program is looking for something that is not there (TNC, DVK,
etc.) it often won't recognize anything.  If you've got rig control working,
you
probably are close.

Good luck.

John, N0IJ