Re: [NA-User] Multi tests in 1 wkend

To: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [NA-User] Multi tests in 1 wkend
From: Hank Kohl K8DD <k8dd@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 00:20:07 -0400
Hank Kohl K8DD wrote:
> I'm not sure if this would work .....
> How about you set up the logging program for SO2R.
> Use the left radio for NEQP and the right radio for 7QP.
> Or the run radio for NEQP and the mult radio for 7QP.
Guess I should have added ....
During the contest ....
No SO2R box - no problem .... the keying comes off an LPT port and
is not switched between two radios - goes to the one radio.

The Radio Control presents a problem - I'm not sure if you can put both
radios (actually one radio) on one COM port.  If not you will have one
contest with radio control and one without.

I suppose you could bring the contest program up twice .... CTWin or
Writelog one time for NEQP and one time for 7QP .... ALT-TAB between
the two.  But that might be more trouble than it's worth.

After the contest ....
The cabrillo file will designate radio 1 or radio 2.
You can take this file, strip off the top lines that define the contest, use
a DOS sort to sort on the last column (the radio column) and then put
all the radio 1 Q's in a file and the radio 2 files in another file.
Paste the top lines back in to each file and edit them for the contest.

I think something like this could work.  Maybe later today I'll give
something
like this a try and see what happens, but seems to me it should work.  In
Writelog it may be a problem with the mult files.  I suppose you could do
it with NA if you make the mult files and define a new contest with the
Template Editor TE.exe.

I'm glad ole Mal is bailing out and going to N1MM .... I hope their
reflector
is ready for him!  I know I'll miss his not so gentle barbs and 2 gauge full
choke shotgun blasts.

73    Hank    K8DD