Re: [NA-User] CQP---Alpine County Error

To: Charles Wooten NF4A <nf4a@knology.net>
Subject: Re: [NA-User] CQP---Alpine County Error
From: David Pruett <k8cc@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 14:13:31 -0400
Charlie,

Good catch OM, but your analysis is incorrect.  The .MLT file has an error.

If you look at the CALCTY.MLT file (which contains the multipliers for
non-CA entries) you find that the Alpine County line looks like this:

Alpine:                 ALPI  CTY:  6;

The county abbreviation "ALPI" is missing a colon after it, which NA
needs to parse out the abbreviation from the line of data.  You'll see
evidence of this in NA if you press Alt-L to get the abbreviation list -
NA thinks the abbreviation is "ALPI  CTY".

Simply add a colon after "ALPI" (with your editor in overstrike mode to
keep everything lined up) and all will be fine when you restart NA.

I apologize for this error.  The edited CQP files were provided by one
of the W6s and I failed to fully check it out before distributing it.

In-state CQP entries have a different multiplier file so they will not
have this problem.

73,

Dave/K8CC