Re: [NA-User] Downloading country files

To: "John Geiger" <>
Subject: Re: [NA-User] Downloading country files
From: "hank k8dd" <>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 21:00:24 +0000
Go to
Extract one file from that .zip ----- country.dat ---- into
your NA directory.
Run NAU and select F6 to make new country files.

Country.dat is 31,000 bytes and dated 4/1/2007

You should be able to rename country.dat.txt to
country.dat using:
C:\NA ren country.dat.txt country.dat

And, as always, never run NA from a command prompt
in Windows.  Boot into pure DOS to run NA!

73     Hank    K8DD

On 4/6/07, John Geiger <> wrote:
> I have been trying to download the updated country
> files to use with NA, but am not having much luck with
> it.  How do I download it to get the right extension
> on it?  I believe it needs to be country.DAT for NA to
> read it, but when I download it, it keeps coming up as
> country.TXT or country.DAT.TXT if I try to put the DAT
> extension on it.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> 73s John W5TD
NA on the web: