Re: [NA-User] PIEXX and TS940

To: Rob Neece <>
Subject: Re: [NA-User] PIEXX and TS940
From: David Pruett <>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 17:36:26 -0400
Rob Neece wrote:
> I finally got around to buying a PIEXX interface card for my TS940, and
> it is installed.  Now I am trying to figure out the steps to get NA
> configured and put it to work.  I have been using a keying interface on
> COM1.  COM2 is used by a modem, although that is no longer a necessity.
> LPT1 is available for the cable to the PIEXX interface, but I have not
> connnected a cable yet, since it looks like an adapter will be needed
> for the LPT.
> I ran config just to see what the options were, and it appears that the
> best choice is to select PIEXX930 (test something like that) for radio
> #1 and choose LPT1 for the port.  Is this correct, and what else will I
> have to do, if anything?
> Rob

The PIEXX930 option is for the Piexx board which goes into a TS-930.
Operationally, it looks like a TS940 to the computer, but since the
computer cannot control the mode in a '930, this option makes the NA
keyboard mode keys work appropriately.

I am not familiar with a Piexx board for a TS-940, but my understanding
was that it simply fill the role of the (no longer available)
accessories required to make the '940 talk RS-232.  In that case, select
the TS-940 option in NA/CONFIG.

NA does not support any rig control via LPT ports; only COM ports.
Perhaps the comment in your e-mail was a typo.

NA-User mailing list
NA on the web: