23 JANUARY 2009
NEW NA RELEASE 10.69 NOW AVAILABLE
A new version of the NA contest logging program is now available
from the Radio Bookstore or the DATOM Engineering web site at
For those who notice such things, the last general release of NA was
version 10.66 back in March 2008. Since then, there have been a couple of
limited releases as we worked to debug problems or develop new features.
10.69 has been used in several contests from the K8CC station and is quite
The primary reason for 10.69 is to support rule changes for the CQ 160M
contest, where DX stations now send their CQ zone in their exchange rather
than a poorly defined country abbreviation. Prior NA versions can be used
under these new rules by simply typing in the received zone, but 10.69 adds
convenience because it inserts the CQ zone automatically for non-domestic
Changes in Revision 10.69
* Updated Cabrillo file formatting to revision 3.0, and changed the Log
File Information screen to more accurately support the Cabrillo descr-
iptions for entry categories.
* Revised CQ 160 Contest to default received exchange for DX QSOs to their
CQ zone to support new rules for 2009.
Changes in Revision 10.68
* Corrected RS-232 command protocol error with setting radio frequency
for FT817/857 - (tnx to AK0M for his detective work on this).
* CW sending would not work correctly in mixed mode with RTTY enabled -
* Band selection window would not allow de-selecting unused bands.
* In contests with list+DX multipliers, the Alt-M multiplier window would
not show the DX mults.
* In CQWW, when checking zone-QSOs with F10, QSOs would be shown with the
country of the zone multiplier instead.
* In CQWW, the QSOs Per Multiplier breakdown for zones were inaccurate
* Fixed crash with the Bandchanges Per Hour breakdown and made the
breakdown always appear along with the QSOs Per Hour breakdown (used
to only appear in contests with limits on multi-op bandchanges).
* Added report in .BRK file for the number of CQs called and the number
of times stations were called during the contest.
* Added capability to set the non-active VFO with the minus key on Yaesu
Changes in Revision 10.67
* When using SO2R, the default RST on the alternate radio would always be
599 regardless of the mode - fixed (tnx W8MJ).
* Callsigns with non-standard portables needed to be matched on the full
callsign to correctly identify the country (example: 9M6/N1UR = Spratly,
not East Malaysia) - fixed (tnx K8MP).
* Added option to send QSO numbers by band-mode, in addition to the
option to send QSO numbers by band.
* Reallocated two characters from the end of the "Address2" field on the
Information Sheet to the "Club" field accomodate the name "Society Of
Midwest Contesters" per K9MMS's request.
Current versions of NA and accessory programs:
Dave Pruett, K8CC
Tom Pruett, WB8VMN
NA-User mailing list
NA on the web: http://www.datomonline.com/