Re: [NA-User] Country.dat file update NA

To: Jim Monahan <K1PX@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [NA-User] Country.dat file update NA
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 10:46:57 -0600
On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 8:09 AM, Jim Monahan <K1PX@msn.com> wrote:

> FYI, installing the new file displays the following error message in NA:

> NA 1069 at address 0D4D:04D1"
>
> Reinstalling the previous file (CTY-2005) corrects the problem.
>
> Apparently the PJ changes are the issue.

Hi Jim,

I found the problem.   It was with this entry in COUNTRY.DAT:

Gabon:                         * 52:  36:  AF:  -00/348  TR:    TR;

The Latitude is shown as "-00" which apparently NA doesn't like.  As
you can see it had nothing to do with the PJ changes (I removed them
first) but with my tool flow!  I did see this when I was working on
the programs, but dismissed it, saying to myself, "NA can handle
this".

Thanks for alerting me to the problem.  I'll release a new file for NA
as soon as I can fix the code to avoid this.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us