[RFI] For Sale: EMI-proof PC cabinet

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] For Sale: EMI-proof PC cabinet
From: Peter Ferrand" <petef@sprynet.com (Peter Ferrand)
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 21:54:00 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0020_01BD35A5.3AB5A260

If you are experiencing rfi from a PC, this should help solve a lot of =
problems:

It's a PC cabinet made by IBM with full EMI shielding for =
military/commercial users. Model 4455.

Looks like a standard XT desktop case, putty color, except deeper. =
However, the four half-height drive bays are separately shielded with a =
bolt-down shield, there's a separate shield box around the stock-type =
IBM supply, a separate emi filter, and the rear of the mother board is =
about three inches away from the back of the cabinet. This allows for =
shielded and EMI-supressed cables to be installed *inside the box* and =
connected to a duplicate set of connectors on the actual rear panel of =
the cabinet.=20

Takes standard mother boards with eight slots. Top cover is essentially =
a flat piece of metal with polished surfaces for contact, and it bolts =
down with eight screws.=20

Power supply not rated as to wattage, but fused for 3 amps at 110V. I =
don't have the key to the switch, looks easy to bypass though.

Included with this offer is a 12" CGA monitor that's similarly =
EMI-supressed with doubly shielded coax and such, which you may or may =
not want, I don't care it'll just go in the metal pile as I'm moving.

For sale $100 plus shipping if needed from Nashua, NH 03060.

Tnx es 73,
-Pete
WB2QLL
(603)889-1067

------=_NextPart_000_0020_01BD35A5.3AB5A260

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffff00>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>If you are experiencing rfi from a PC, this should =
help solve=20
a lot of problems:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>It's a PC cabinet made by IBM with full EMI =
shielding for=20
military/commercial users. Model 4455.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Looks like a standard XT desktop case, putty color, =
except=20
deeper. However, the four half-height drive bays are separately shielded =
with a=20
bolt-down shield, there's a separate shield box around the stock-type =
IBM=20
supply, a separate emi filter, and the rear of the mother board is about =
three=20
inches away from the back of the cabinet. This allows for shielded and=20
EMI-supressed cables to be installed *inside the box* and connected to a =

duplicate set of connectors on the actual rear panel of the cabinet.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Takes standard mother boards with eight slots. Top =
cover is=20
essentially a flat piece of metal with polished surfaces for contact, =
and it=20
bolts down with eight screws. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Power supply not rated as to wattage, but fused for =
3 amps at=20
110V. I don't have the key to the switch, looks easy to bypass=20
though.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Included with this offer is a 12&quot; CGA monitor =
that's=20
similarly EMI-supressed with doubly shielded coax and such, which you =
may or may=20
not want, I don't care it'll just go in the metal pile as I'm=20
moving.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>For sale $100 plus shipping if needed from Nashua, =
NH=20
03060.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Tnx es 73,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>-Pete</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>WB2QLL</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>(603)889-1067</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0020_01BD35A5.3AB5A260--

WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html