[RFI] Telephone RFI problem

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Telephone RFI problem
From: Hare, Ed, W1RFI" <ehare@arrl.org (Hare, Ed, W1RFI)
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 09:42:00 -0500
To: <rfi@contesting.com>
>Date: Wednesday, February 11, 1998 7:21PM
>
>On Wed, 11 Feb 1998 10:15:43 -0500 "Randy Lake" <rlake@monad.net> writes:

>>Hi all......
>>During the NH qso party this past weekend
>>my next door neighbor,who's house is abt
>>200' from the tower, called because he needed
>>to make a call to his mothere and father. In
>>the past he has heard me just a little bit on the
>>phone but today he cud not hear anyone on
>>the phone but me....

>Run down to Radio Shack and buy yourself a model 43-591 phone
>for $19.95 (less if on sale). This phone is highly resistant
>to RFI. If it doesn't solve the problem, you can take
>it back to RS.

I have been in close contact with RS's telephone buyer over the years.  In
order for them to accept a telephone as part of their line, it must pass
their vendor-qualification tests, which include RFI immunity!  Although
their line seems to change from year to year, they always seem to have
immune telephones available, although the degree of immunity does appear to
vary from phone to phone.

If you want RFI-proof phones "guaranteed to cure RFI or your money back,"
contact TCE Labs or Pro Distributors:

73 from ARRL HQ,
Ed Hare, W1RFI
ARRL Lab

>From the ARRL TIS database:

ro Distributors
2811-B 74th St
Lubbock, TX 79423
USA

Phone: 800-658-2027

Products/Services: TELEPHONE-EMI RESISTANT TELEPHONE, APPEARS IN ARRL
HANDBOOK, FERRITE MATERIAL, EMI-EMI PRODUCT, FILTER-AC LINE FILTER,
FILTER-TELEPHONE EMI FILTER, TELEPHONE-TELEPHONE EMI FILTER

Notes: PRO Distributors telephones are guarantee to eliminate RFI or your
money back.  Other items available include filters and filter kits for VCR,
TV, stereo, telephones and many other electonic devices.

Date of last change: March 19, 1996

TCE Labs
2365 Waterfront Park Drive
Canyon Lake, TX 78133
USA

Phone: 210-899-4575

Products/Services: APPEARS IN ARRL HANDBOOK, TELEPHONE-EMI RESISTANT
TELEPHONE, FILTER-TELEPHONE EMI FILTER, FILTER-COMMON MODE CHOKE, FILTER-AC
LINE FILTER, KIT-AMATEUR RADIO KIT

Notes: TCE Labs telephones are guaranteed to eliminate interference or your
money back.

Date of last change: July 12, 1995