[RFI] Need TVI Help

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Need TVI Help
From: CATALANO_DENIS_E@hq.navsea.navy.mil (CATALANO_DENIS_E@hq.navsea.navy.mil)
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 08:03:10 -0500
     First I want to thank everyone who replied to my original E-mail
     concerning a neighbor complaining about TVI from me (when working 80M
     especially).  As most of you suggested, the Radio Shack amplifier on
     his cable TV system was the likely cause.  YOU WERE CORRECT.  He
     removed the amplifier last night, and I tested with 1000 watts on each
     band, and no interference is present.  His cable picture is not as
     good as it was with the RS amplifier.  He is driving 4 TVs, but I
     think there are 4 splices even before the cable gets into the house.
     I recommended he call the cable company to fix that.  Anyway, I am off
     the hook, and I thank all of you.
                                                 73 Denis, W4DC

WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html