[RFI] RE: rfi-digest V1 #44

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RE: rfi-digest V1 #44
From: w6jzu@rf.net (Dr. Robert C. Smithwick) (Dr. Robert C. Smithwick)
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 17:12:39 -0800 (PST)

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
>> Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 09:27:05 EST
>> From: tmangels@juno.com (T Mangels)
>> Subject: [RFI] Switching power supplies
>>
>> More manufacturers are advertising switching power supplies, and the
>> prices seemed to have improved.  All claim to be free of hash and
>> usable
>> on HF.
>>
>> Has anyone tried Astron, Daiwa, MFJ or other switchers with an HF rig
>> (or
>> in the same room)?  Anyone done any rf "sniffing".
>>
>> Experiences and comments appreciated.
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> Tom WA1JVV

Tom, Dave, et al - one reply to your query. I have used ASTRON for years,
and with LF equipment as well and have never noticed a problem with
switching supplies. I think that ICOM's supply that I bought with my (by
now) old IC730 and no problem altho I don't know if ICOM took any special
trouble to make it noise-free.

I have not done any 'sniffing', simply because I have never sensed the need
for it.

73/Smitty/W6JZU

WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html