[RFI] Horizonal Sweep Noise

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Horizonal Sweep Noise
From: K7FD" <dx@netbridge.net (K7FD)
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 08:04:34 -0700
I had this problem plaguing me just recently. In my case, the neighbor
had installed a WebTV internet device on top his TV, then connected
a phone line to it which was hung to the ceiling and strung down
the hall to the phone jack. Nice antenna, huh?

Needless to say, I was hearing his tv set 5x9, especially when
I turned the quad directly to his house 70 feet from mine. I
put core mix #77 on ALL leads coming from the tv set, i.e.,
the phone line, power cord, audio/visual cables to the WebTV
device and the tv cable line. I also put an AC line filter on
his tv and put a radio shack phone interference filter on the
phone line.

This cured the problem 100% and all tv harmonic noise has been
eliminated from this neighbor. I do have another neighbor causing
similar interference but only occasionally...so I'm not willing to
invest any money in that one yet!

Good Luck!

73 John K7FD

To: <rfi@contesting.com>