[RFI] RFI into Rig

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RFI into Rig
From: w6jzu@rf.net (Dr. Robert C. Smithwick) (Dr. Robert C. Smithwick)
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 09:55:56 -0800
Mike

I 'enjoyed' (is that the right word?) the summary on your problen and its
ultimate solution. You demonstrated the correct way to go about solving
such a problem. The changes you made in your grounding system, altho it may
not have contributed a great deal to the solution of  your particular
problem as it turned out, shows good engineering practice. (I don't mean to
talk down to you!)

This comment obviously does not apply to your case as it turns out, but the
one aspect or dimension that you did not address, is the/your antenna. If a
beam, how far away from the amp? The farther away, the better. On low bands
most hams don't use a beam but if a dipole, the distance from the shack and
orientation may be significant or - worse case - a long wire that some
less-experienced ops attempt to feed directly from the output on the
ampifier or external tuner is trouble. Big trouble.

"Smitty", W6JZU