[RFI] Automatic Light Noise .....

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Automatic Light Noise .....
From: WX5L <wx5l@communique.net> (WX5L)
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 17:35:10 -0500
Ken,
This is not uncommon to have a light controller(photoelectric) cause RFI due to
arcing. This is usually caused by inferior workmanship or componet breakdown
causing a poor closure to the contacts.

First thing I would do is introduce yourself and explain the difficulty. Explain
the causes and if left unattended may cause overheating due to the arcing.
Eventually it will fail so why not put it out of it's misery and change it out.
See if it's under warranty. If it is your home free but if isn't, feel out how
he feels about changing it out. I've found most neighbors willing to cooperate
if given the chance.

If push comes to shove, and the cost is not too high offer to buy him another
controller. The way I look at it(which I'm sure is different from many) it's
worth the dollars to resolve the problem and have the enjoyment of the hobby,
rather then being a miser and suffering through it.

Good Luck,
Randy

--
WX5L