[RFI] Telephone EMI Filter Sources?

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Telephone EMI Filter Sources?
From: EDWARDS, EDDIE J" <eedwards@oppd.com (EDWARDS, EDDIE J)
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 09:06:56 -0600

        [Ed-K0iL]  Hi Jim,
        I noticed your call is very close to mine on CW!  Nice call.

        I beleive K-Com (330-325-2110) is the manufacturer of the RS filter
(which only specs 3-30MHz coverage).  At least they look identical inside &
out.  The single line RF-1 sells direct in QST/CQ for 16.95, and they're
optimized for certain freq bands (like 0.5-3Mhz, 3-30MHz, 26-60MHZ, etc...).
You'd definitely save some bucks for the quantity you need.  They also make
a coiled cord version and the RF-2 is the Hard Wired filtering to install
anywhere w/o modular connectors.  And there's a 2-line version as well. (see
ad on pg 148 QST-Nov).

        I've had mixed results using both the K-Com & RS filters.  It
depends on the phone I think.  A good combo seeems to be Rad Shack's $20
phone & either filter.  It's cheaper than a "Bullet-Proof" phone.

        Std disclaimer: I don't work for K-Com nor Rad Shack (although I did
20 yrs ago).  Nor do I own any interest in either.

        73,
        de ed -K0iL
Ed Edwards                         Communications Engineer
Omaha Public Power District         2-Way & Paging Systems

WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html