[RFI] Motion Detector RFI?

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Motion Detector RFI?
From: Scott Neader KA9FOX <ka9fox@QTH.com> (Scott Neader KA9FOX)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 23:33:18 -0600
I've been a subscriber since January 1999 and have kept all the postings as
excellent reference material.  I searched these postings, plus the ARRL
site, and came up with nothing as to "motion detector" RFI fixes.

During the CQWW CW contest, a neighbor called to say that when the antenna
is pointed his way, I am constantly turning on his motion detecting flood
lights.  This was happening on 40 meters with 1.5kw output to a 2 ele at 75
feet.  We have small city lots here, so he is fairly close to me I guess
(maybe 150 feet NE of the tower??).  I don't know about other bands yet (I
did a single band contest effort)

Anyway, to the question... any advice for troubleshooting motion detector RFI?

Thanks for the assistance!

73 - Scott KA9FOX

tower:  http://www.qth.com/ka9fox/tower
shack: http://www.qth.com/ka9fox/ka9fox.jpg