[RFI] What next?

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] What next?
From: Bill Coleman AA4LR <aa4lr@radio.org> (Bill Coleman AA4LR)
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 11:45:42 -0500
On 2/1/2000 17:16, EDWARDS, EDDIE J at eedwards@oppd.com wrote:

> [...]

Ed is correct -- it all depends on the state and the judge. And there's
no telling how a jury will rule in any particular trial. Juries are funny
animals.

Of course, even if you win and get a judgement for court costs -- YOU
still have to collect. And that can involve even MORE legal action, MORE
costs, etc.

(Example, here in Georgia, my mother-in-law won a $212,000.00 judgement
against a crooked businessman. To date, she's received about $2,000.00,
which doesn't even begin to cover the interest on the judgement. Nothing
directly from the crooked businessman, mind you -- merely the proceeds he
made from a property sale intercepted from a writ of fieri facias)

Disclaimer: I'm not an attourney, but I have paid several thousand
dollars to employ one.

Legal action is not entered into lightly.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@radio.org
Quote: "Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!"
            -- Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html