[RFI] RFI on TV while using dummy load

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RFI on TV while using dummy load
From: dj2001@isd.net (dj2001@isd.net)
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 17:05:36 -0600
I wonder if anyone has a idea on this one.

TVI into the vidio of a TV set which is hooked up to a dish (EchoStar
dbs system) transmitter on 15 meter band while transmitting into a
dummy load, the worst seems to center on 21.158, and gets better as I
move up the band.  RF output 200 watts.  All other bands ok on the
dummy load.
Moving the ac line cable to the radio makes the tvi worse and better
depending on position.  Taking the top cover off the radio makes the
tvi get better
Everything else is normal, no malfunctioning of the radio as far as I can tell.

Strange but true.

Will a line filter do the job?

Anyone have any recomendations for line filters.

Dale j.

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html