[RFI] Siemens Cordless Gigaset 2420 or other rf proof cordless phones

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Siemens Cordless Gigaset 2420 or other rf proof cordless phones
From: Wendell Wyly W5FL" <w5fl@flash.net (Wendell Wyly W5FL)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 22:34:02 -0500

I saw this Siemens Cordless phone system that operates at 2.4 GHz Frequency
Hopping Spread Spectrum and wondered if it would have
enough noise immunity to operate around my KW station?  It uses several
cordless phones that operate with the base using a PCM
modulation at 2.4GHz.  Neat system if it would work in an rf environment.

Looked through the archives and didn't find much about really good success with
spread spectrum 900 or 2.3Ghz phones.  Has anyone
had any good luck with these.  I used a bunch of torroids on the phone line and
still had some interference on a 900 Mhz Uniden
phone.

Wendell W5FL

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/rfi