[RFI] FW: TV set RFI questions

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] FW: TV set RFI questions
From: EDWARDS, EDDIE J" <eedwards@oppd.com (EDWARDS, EDDIE J)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 09:14:18 -0500
Below is an example of why RFI is such a problem for consumers.  This is a
response by Panasonic to my questions about TV RFI.  Even TV manufacturer's
don't seem to understand the problem, or at least their customer service
folks don't have a clue at all.  I'll probably get the same response from
JVC as well.  Sony just e-mailed me their 800 number which has a VRU that
dead-ends me at a busy signal every time.  Lot's of help that is!  I won't
be buying Sony this time.

Remember this when a neighbor is complaining about RFI, and be willing to
help if they will allow you to.  You're the only help he has out there!

BTW: I have alreay tried the suggested "cure" with my Sony picking up audio
rectification.  An AC poewr line filter has no effect on that type of RFI.

73,
de ed -K0iL

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/rfi