[RFI] question regarding Carrier furnace

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] question regarding Carrier furnace
From: EDWARDS, EDDIE J" <eedwards@oppd.com (EDWARDS, EDDIE J)
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 08:36:18 -0500

        A rcvr will tell you if it makes noise.  That is important,
especially for DXers or contesters.

        But do you also transmit?  Kinda hard to set-up, but that's the
other half of the EMI problem when it comes to susceptable equipment: Does
it respond to RFI in a unwanted manner? i.e. unit shuts down or starts up
suddenly, etc.

        The only way to prepare for this in such a purchase is to warn to
sales people that you have transmitting equipment, that you expect their
equipment not to respond to RF, and if it does negotiate an acceptable
resolution before the problem is found.

        There is a warranty, and they will get tired of being called out, so
it's in their interest to resolve ALL problems.  Good luck with your
purchase.

        73,
        de ed -K0iL

--