[RFI] Artificial Ground

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Artificial Ground
From: Brown, James E LRDOR" <James.E.Brown@lrdor.usace.army.mil (Brown, James E LRDOR)
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 09:22:27 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0008B.AD298F10

I wonder if anyone has had experience with using an MFJ 931 Artificial
Ground.

My shack is on the 2nd floor, and I suspect my ground is not up to par.  I
do have problems with TVI, which I have not been able to cure.  And this is
with a cable TV system!  I have considered calling the Cable TV company and
asking them to fix it, but the problem may be with my setup, not with the
cable.

I do not have "hot spots" in the shack.  I have a good radiated signal on
all bands.  I do have a problem on 10 and 80 meters with a RTTY contesting
program with refuses to function if I turn the power above 150 Watts (I dont
know if this would be related to grounding or not).

Does the 931 have to be retuned everytime one changes bands?  Everytime one
changes frequencies within a band?

Comments or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim     W4LC

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0008B.AD298F10

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2651.75">
<TITLE>Artificial Ground</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I wonder if anyone has had experience =
with using an MFJ 931 Artificial Ground.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">My shack is on the 2nd floor, and I =
suspect my ground is not up to par.&nbsp; I do have problems with TVI, =
which I have not been able to cure.&nbsp; And this is with a cable TV =
system!&nbsp; I have considered calling the Cable TV company and asking =
them to fix it, but the problem may be with my setup, not with the =
cable.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I do not have &quot;hot spots&quot; in =
the shack.&nbsp; I have a good radiated signal on all bands.&nbsp; I do =
have a problem on 10 and 80 meters with a RTTY contesting program with =
refuses to function if I turn the power above 150 Watts (I dont know if =
this would be related to grounding or not).</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Does the 931 have to be retuned =
everytime one changes bands?&nbsp; Everytime one changes frequencies =
within a band?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Comments or suggestions =
appreciated.</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Jim&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
W4LC</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

</BODY>