[RFI] Mobile radio noise - Nissan Pathfinder

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Mobile radio noise - Nissan Pathfinder
From: Bill Putney <billp@dune.wwpc.com> (Bill Putney)
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 16:33:30 -0800 (PST)
Thanks to everyone who responded. It is indeed the in-tank fuel pump. There is
a fuse for the fuel pump in the main fuse block. If I remove the fuse the noise
goes from S8 to S3.

I have the maintainance manual for this car and I thought I would be able to
find something showing where the pump wiring exits the tank but I guess they
figure everyone knows that.

I'll let you all know how the filter experiment goes once I find the pump
wiring.

- Bill

#  Bill Putney - WB6RFW            | My repeater:443.400 Mhz-100 Hz #
#  WWPC                            | It's not open, it's not closed,#
#  5780 Balmoral Drive             | it's controlled. It's open for #
#  Oakland, CA 94619               | membership (which is free...). #
#  billp@wwpc.com - (510)531-2412  | Go figure...                   #

FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/rfi