[RFI] RFI - Baby Monitors

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RFI - Baby Monitors
From: Mike King <scsueepe@mtcnet.net> (Mike King)
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:27:56 -0500
Hi all,

I just got done pounding out the ARRL June VHF Contest over the weekend.  I
have few folks next door with baby monitors, they are complaining.

Telling them that baby monitors are Part 15 FCC devices and that they have
to accept any interference draws the "deer in the headlight blank stare"

So, in order to try to do something else, I have told one fellow to bring in
the book to look at.  I want to see if the manufactuer has any tips, etc.

What are your experiences with these devices?  They are typically battery
powered, I know for a fact that they get pounded on a number of bands from
front end overload or their Receivers.  Any suggestions for mods or of a
specific manufactuer that has a good unit?

Please, your thoughts appreciated.

73

Mike - KM0T in NW Iowa.

--