[RFI] Re: Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) Digest V4 #56

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Re: Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) Digest V4 #56
From: Jon Ogden <jon.ogden@cain-forlaw.com> (Jon Ogden)
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 10:37:45 -0500
I will have to take a look at that.

I also just got some advice from a ham friend who is also an oscillator
expert.  He suggested putting an LC parallel resonant circuit at 14 MHz in
series with the sense line.

So far I've not had any luck with resistors and a large size RF choke (the
one sold by Radio Shack I forget the size).  My friend says that one reason
why a choke may not work is that the choke has capacitance between the
windings.  This capacitance then acts as a pickup for the touch sensing line
and actually counteracts the effect of the choke.  Perhaps this is why a big
size choke hasn't worked for me but maybe a smaller one will.............

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden