[RFI] 433 Mhz Wireless Thermometer

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] 433 Mhz Wireless Thermometer
From: Ian White, G3SEK" <g3sek@ifwtech.com (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 17:21:01 +0000
Hare,Ed, W1RFI wrote:
>As a follow-up, a ham I know who works in the auto industry had to do a
>bit of research on 433.92 Mhz. The auto industry is considering using
>that frequency (among others) with their tire-pressure sensors (a few
>milliseconds of transmission every several minutes).  He reported to me:
>
>> 433.92 appears not to be permitted in Australia, Chuna, Hong Kong,
>> Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea.  Probably
>> most of Asia/Pacific included.
>
>I have not verified this info.

Thanks for forwarding my earlier message, Ed.

That's  an interesting list of countries, and I hope they can "hold the
line" to keep 433.92MHz a ham frequency. However, since Japan is not on
the list, and that frequency is liable to be used in imports from Europe
and the USA, I don't hold out much hope for the long term...

                            http://www.ifwtech.com/g3sek