[RFI] RFI Cordless Phones

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RFI Cordless Phones
From: shr@ricc.net (John Brosnahan)
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 09:20:58 -0600
Wendell--

Sounds like your Siemens 2-line phone has a problem--or maybe
there is some other source of 2GHz interference in the area, limiting
effective coverage.

I have a Siemens 2-line phone at my CO home and it works VERY
well.  I think the model number is 2410--anyway, 2 lines and an
answering machine.  While it doesn't have 10 acre coverage it
does cover a radius of about 300 ft around the house and anywhere
within the house/basement of a large and complex home.

I don't use any caller ID, so can't comment on that, but I have never
had a problem answering or originating a call on any of the three remotes
that I have.

Greater coverage would be beneficial for either our CO place or the
new TX place--but I have to believe that the requirement for a wider
area of coverage is needed by a very small market share.  Not many
people (globally) have 10 or more acres.

In any case, if your phone is the Siemens 2410, I think it has
a problem if you can't even cover your own home.

--John   W0UN