[RFI] Noise sniffer article in QST - WW3S

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Noise sniffer article in QST - WW3S
From: dgsvetan@rockwellcollins.com (dgsvetan@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:58:59 -0600
It would be interesting if anyone on the reflector happens to know if the
Oak unit, or a similar replacement, is still available.  I can tell you
that they are no longer in Illinois.  I used to live in Crystal Lake, IL,
which was the location of Oak's main plant for many years.  They totally
moved out and folded that plant back in the early 80's.  They did have an
operation somewhere in California, which is where their TV tuner and cable
set-top boxes were located after moving out of IL.  (Oak was either the
largest, or at least one of the largest, manufacturers of TV tuners when
the turret switching type of tuner was THE style in use - 50's thru early
70's.)

73, Dale
WA9ENA

<pringle50@home.com>@contesting.com on 01/24/2002 08:39:26 AM