[RFI] Re: QST Article Ignores RFI

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Re: QST Article Ignores RFI
From: n5tu@wt.net (Earl Morse)
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 17:01:35 -0600
We got a laugh out of the article at work  (EMC group at a major
computer manufacturer). We see so many blatant violations of law
concerning emissions control of unintentional radiators that we don't
even pay attention to them anymore except for where they concern our
company.

The thing that tickled our funny bone was that with the decline of
computer prices you would be hard pressed to roll your own for a
significant savings.  Not to mention you get a warranty and all the bugs
worked out in your specific system.

Yes that home brew computer would have rfi emissions but I think that
would be a minor problem when condsidering other issues that could be
encountered.

Earl