[RFI] TV Cable Information and TVI

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] TV Cable Information and TVI
From: w1rfi@arrl.org (Hare,Ed, W1RFI)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 20:07:50 -0400
A good treatise for dealing with cable-TVI problems is found at:

http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/HTML/catvi/index.html

I wrote it a few years back for Communications Technology, a cable industry
trade journal. My expectation was that coming from their journal, cable
operators would have more confidence in the results.

If you do have a problem with a cable company, feel free to print it and use it
as needed. If that doesn't work, send email to rfi@arrl.org, with a brief
history of your problem and information about your system location. Our RFI
guru will send that to Ron Hranac, N0IVN, our contact in the cable industry.
Ron knows all the senior technical folks at most cable companies, so he is
really good at helping get corporate-level "support" for your local problem.
So far, he is batting about 95%, so it is a pretty good bet.

This email is also my periodic reminder that there is a lot of good RFI stuff
at:

http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/rfigen.html

And buy the ARRL RFI Book!  It is not only a great resource to have at your
fingertips, with chapters on all sorts of info, reprints of the
now-out-of-print FCC material, but it sure helps pay for the full-time RFI
staff we keep here at ARRL HQ! :-)  See http:/www.arrl.org/catalog/6834. If you
have a copy of the old book, you will like the new one. If your cover looks
like the one in our catalog, you have the latest and greatest, so spend your
money on a filter or something. :-)

Carlos, please forward this to the tower-talk reflector; I am not subscribed to
that one.

73,
Ed Hare, W1RFI
ARRL Lab