[RFI] Traffic Light LED's

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Traffic Light LED's
From: scameron@austin.rr.com (Skip Cameron)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 12:07:07 -0500
Traffic Light LED's are coming to Austin, Texas!
Please post any hints other than those posted by K0IL and K4CIA (below) on how
detect and eliminate RFI and I will pass it to our City traffic engineers.
I could not find any references on the ARRL web site RFI Index at
http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/rfigen.html
Skip
W5GAI
-----------
Bright ideas will let city's traffic signals last longer, cost less

By Kelly Daniel
AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
Monday, October 14, 2002

Traffic lights are going to burn brighter pretty soon.

The City of Austin is chipping away at a $5 million plan to
install new types of bulbs at its 770 intersections. The new
technology uses less electricity overall and longer lasting
equipment, so the city hopes to save on both electric and
maintenance bills.

The bulbs, called light emitting diodes, are expected to drop
the city's annual energy use by 2.8 percent, saving $1.7
million a year on the electric bill, the city staff has said in
memos and briefings.
---------