[RFI] Line noise is more than a nuisance!

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Line noise is more than a nuisance!
From: k5iid@ntelos.net (Tom Horton)
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 20:40:25 +0000
Bill,
  I'm sorry, but I think you misunderstand what I am saying.
Of course there should be mobile/portable stations available
for emergency work.
I am talking about other stations away from the actual scene
that would be required to pass/ relay traffic from these stations
via the HF frequencies rather than the close in VHF stations.
It is not unreasonable to think that today, especially,  we may be required to
communicate for other reasons as well.
  Having operated from many Red Cross / County Emergency ops
centers over the past 45+ years,  I have seen first hand many times
where power line noise causes problems.
  Of course not all of our atations would necessarily be used for a
communications emergency but isn't this the ultimate reason
that the FCC gives us the authority to do what we do?
73, Tom K5IID