[RFI] Common Mode RFI

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Common Mode RFI
From: ka5s@earthlink.net (Cortland Richmond)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 2:53:5 -0800
re Snap-on ferrites as common-mode tester, I've been using
this for some years. Ad hoc test equipment. Great minds must
think alike (heh).   However, they don't replace a Solar or
Eaton (or the like) snap-on current transformer  -- which
I've got. They are just MUCH less expensive.

I found one of the Palomar current meters on e-Bay, too. Those
are no longer in production. MFJ makes a tunable current probe
using an electrostatic shield around a ferrite rod, too; I've
retuned one for AMBC and used it on telecomm gear near a radio
station.

Cortland