[RFI] DFing progress

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] DFing progress
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 19:55:29 -0500
I wented to let everyone know that I've succeeded in mating the Moxon
rectangle antenna from the March 2001 RFI receiver project to my Icom
IC-Q7A handitalky.  I cobbled up the antenna out of aluminum rod, mounted
it to a board with screw eyes, and threaded the ends of the rod for nuts to
attach the feedline.  The resulting antenna resonated at 137 MHz first try,
and has a broad front lobe, fair attentuation off the sides, and a very
narrow cardioid-style notch off the back, all just as advertised.

The only small downside is that the thing is almost too sensitive.  Anyone
got any suggestions for a simple non-calibrated attenuator that I could put
between the antenna and the radio to make it work a bit better close in to
the noise source?

73, Pete N4ZR
Happy Holidays